When it comes to hunting, there is a ditch on either side of the road. On one side people cannot find enough time to hunt. On the other side, people get out of control and hunt so much that it hurts their family or job. On today’s episode I talk about how to balance hunting and life, and that includes how to make time to hunt as well as set up guardrails for yourself.
- Schedule time off for hunting each year, plan how many days and in what seasons, this will make sure you do it.
- Schedule a Saturday every month for hunting. Some months this means going into the woods to hunt, other months it means target practice and scouting.
- Use more of your time off for your family than for hunting. Make it a point to never let this balance shift towards hunting and away from family.
- Always schedule and talk about hunting in advance, never be a no show at work.
- Always be willing to blow off a planned hunting day for something that is more important. Never blow off something more important for hunting.
- Put first things first, honor what is most important, and you will earn the respect and flexibility you need to hunt.