What you eat and drink matters a lot for hunting, and so does when you eat and drink it. On this episode I talk about what I have learned to be the best eating and drinking habits prior to hunting and even while you are in the woods.
- Nothing is more important than knowing how different foods effect your body.
- If dairy causes you problems, don’t eat it before going hunting.
- If bacon or sausage will put you in the bathroom before the end of the morning, don’t eat it before hunting!
- The type of hunting matters a lot. Sitting requires less food and drinking, and the downside of eating and drinking is larger.
- Moving and hunting requires more of both, and there is much less if any downside to eating and drinking if you are moving a lot.
- Few things are as disruptive when hunting than getting up to go to the bathroom or unwrapping a few granola bars.
- Everything about your eating and drinking strategy should be focused on making you a more effective hunter.
- You want to maximize comfort and stealth in the field.
- If you are hunting in a hard walled blind from 200 yards then you can get away with a lot more than someone hunting game within 50 yards of a tree strand.