Hunting spring turkey with decoys is all the rage and there are endless options to choose from. But should newer hunters even consider using one? On this episode I give advice to help filter out the noise and talk about the situations that might warrant a decoy for new hunters.
- Everyone has an opinion, but when you are talking about new turkey hunters, there are special things to consider when it comes to turkey decoys.
- New hunters will lack the skill and experience to read situations, landscapes, sign, or sun direction to use decoys well.
- Decoys can create problems and distractions that would not have been there otherwise.
- If you move and your decoy stays behind, it can become a liability.
- But even still, there are certain times that new hunters would benefit from using a decoy, listen to this episode to learn more.