Different tactics are needed to be successful hunting silent turkeys. Lots of gobbling sure helps, but you can still take a turkey even on a quite morning. On this episode I talk about the strategies needed to be successful when birds give you the silent treatment.
- Quiet turkeys is not the same as no turkeys. There must be birds around for you to have a chance.
- Before making a decision on what to do on a silent morning, review the evidence in your mind about why you believe gobblers are in the area.
- If turkeys are quiet you need to be quiet. Call sparingly and do not make any identifiable human noises at all.
- Patience is the biggest skill on quiet mornings.
- The two kinds of birds you are mostly likely to call in are the ones that heard you early and joined up with real hens off the roost or birds that are traveling through the area.
- There is no such thing as a bad day in the turkey woods!
- Listen to the episode to learn how to hunt silent turkeys