Turkeys behave differently as the day wears on, so to boost your odds of success you need to adjust your strategies right along with them. On this episode I talk about a variety of late morning turkey hunting tactics.
- Prime turkey hunting is usually the first hour or two of daylight, but it is only prime because birds make the most noise and are the easiest to locate.
- Turkeys can be called and taken just as well as the morning goes on. But the game changes as the sun rises.
- Late morning you need to hunt sign, travel areas, and where you heard the birds and called to them early on.
- Tom will at times come back after the hens have left them, if you were close to them early, you have a chance in that same general area later.
- Covering ground becomes a different game as the day wears on. But patience and persistence are both rewarded.
- Listen to the episode to hear a variety of late morning tactics.