In general a ground blind is not the best tool for deer hunting, but there are situations when it may be the best choice for you. On this episode I talk about the best times and most effective ways to use a ground blind, including a story about a deer I just took from one.
- Tree stands are generally more effective than ground blinds, when you have the right tree in the right place.
- Your scent is now at nose level in a ground blind, making wind management all the more important.
- Deer pay much more attention to what is at eye level than what is in the trees.
- Ground blinds can be used where tree stands cannot go.
- Ground blinds can provide better concealment than tree stands when it comes to hiding movement and outlines.
- Ground blinds can be safer, more accessible, and faster to setup than a tree stand.