Gear can be overrate, but there are times when a firearms selection can be so bad that it all but eliminates your chances for a successful hunt. On this episode I talk about the worst shotgun for turkey hunting, both from my experience with my first turkey gun and in general terms so you can make better informed firearms selections.
- A good turkey shotgun becomes an extension of the hunter. You don’t notice it, it just works, kind of like how you fingers just work and do what you want them to do.
- A bad turkey shotgun is like a handicap, it is constantly hindering you and making things more difficult, or impossible.
- What makes a gun a bad selection for a hunter is somewhat subjective, but when things do not work right, fail to perform, are unreliable, or designed poorly for the task, it is pretty universally recognized as a bad tool for the job.
- Inexperience and lack of mentorship can make it easy to make bad decisions when you are new to something. Which is I started this podcast, so you can avoid the mistakes I made.
- Listen to this episode to hear to whole story and get tips to make better choices than I did.