September can be the best month to hunt deer, depending on your land and preferences. On this episode I talk about why you would want to hunt the early archery season and how to do it effectively.
Reasons to hunt the earliest part of the season:
- The deer have not yet been pressured; they are in their most natural habits.
- It is warmer, so you need less gear and less budget.
- Ground hunting is more feasible due to more available cover, which can be a cheaper way to hunt.
- Deer are more active during the day because there is more daylight and fewer dark hours.
- You can get into the woods after work and still have daylight to hunt.
- Deer are likely to have not shifted to their fall and winter patterns yet, so summer scouting can pay off immediately.
- Bucks are often still traveling in bachelor groups, multiplying potential opportunities.
- No deer have been shot yet, giving you a chance at every buck alive that season.
- You can tag out early to make time for hunting other things later in the season.
Listen to the episode to hear about HOW you can hunt effectively in September.