Wild turkey is a culinary treat, but many have had poor experiences cooking it because they try to cook it like something else. On this episode I talk about the unique aspects of wild turkey meat and how you need adjust your cooking methods to bring out the best.
- Most people try to cook wild turkey like store bought chicken without realizing it. That doesn’t work.
- Lots of people try to roast a gobbler just like they would a store bought turkey and that doesn’t usually work well either.
- Wild turkey needs different cooking methods for the breasts and the legs. To get the most out of these birds you have to cook them differently than anything else you know how to cook.
- You cannot just nonchalantly grill turkey breasts and expect great results. You need to know what to do.
- You absolutely cannot grill turkey legs and expect good results. But there are GREAT ways to cook them.
- Learn the basics by listening to this episode.