Finding a place to hunt can be one of the biggest challenges for people new to the sport. Public land provides some unique opportunities but also has some issues. However, if you know how to find it and how to use it, public land can be a major asset.
When I first started hunting I did not know about all the public land close to me, I didn’t even know how to find out about it. I asked someone once and they told me about a place and the directions were essentially “east”. It was maybe a year before I found a way to figure out where that land was. It was two or three years before I learned what was there and figured out how to make use of that land. On today’s episode I will tell you how to get years worth of learning in minutes. No exaggeration!
Key Take Aways:
- You don’t need any permission to hunt on public land, and it’s free.
- Public land tracks are often larger than private.
- Public land has more hunting pressure and requires a strategy to use well.
- You can find public land through the game commission, Google maps, and best of all a good hunting app.
- OnX Hunt is a must have tool for every hunter, new and experienced. It saves so much time, energy, and confusion. There is no easier way to find and navigate public land. You can learn more at their site www.onxmaps.com