Hunting gear, specifically clothing does not need to be expensive. In fact, you can often find it very inexpensively, but you have to keep your eyes open. This is a year round pursuit, and often you will find things out of season. But you can build a set of excellent gear for pennies on the dollar if you poke around and keep your eyes open. In this short bonus episode I talk about some examples and first hand experiences about where to look and how to develop a year round buying philosophy to find great gear at very low prices.
- Keep an eye open every time you go to a store, even if it’s not a hunting store.
- Look at discount stores in the off season.
- Look at thrift stores, auctions, and estate sales.
- Be watchful even at grocery stores, drug stores, and places you wouldn’t expect.
- Always look around at hiking, outdoor, and campaign gear, just in case.
- Do not be too worried about the brand, learn to discern the quality and buy accordingly.
- It is good to have a variety of gear items so you can be ready for different weather and hunting environments.