You do not need to have hundreds of acres to have a great hunt. In fact you can hunt whitetail deer very successfully on small properties, even those with as few as just a couple acres. On this episode I talk about how to amplify your deer hunting success when you have limited amounts of land available.
- An acre is about 208′ x 208′ that is all the space you need to hunt with a bow or a rifle, IF you can get the deer into that space.
- Contrary to popular belief, anything under about 1,500 acres is a “small” property because it does not encompass the 24 hours a day, 365 days a year life of a deer. So if you have less land than that, you need some to have some small parcel strategies in play.
- A property does not need to contain everything deer need to survive and thrive, in fact, you only need one thing, a reason for them to walk across your land.
- Do not focus on what you lack, focus on what you have or can affect.
- Do not worry about what your neighbors have, in fact use what your neighbors have to your advantage.
- Only about 5% of whitetail deer properties are managed well enough to be a day time buck herd influencer.
- You can be smarter than most of the people around you, even if they have better land and more resources.